[USS Vanguard] Sensations

  • From: "Cynan" <kuhnahn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "USS Vanguard" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:12:39 +0100

Lt. JG. Cynan Mandrake.
Location: Borg Pyramid, Vanguard.
Time: During the end of "Rock, Paper, Scissors" (Andy).

Subject: Sensations.

[OoC]
Hey all. Andy, loved that post. Very surprised at your use of language
though.. but nicely done! I like the tone you gave my
character too.

Oh and I think advancing the timeline six months to a year ahead is a great
idea It'll allow me to write about a time-out
period that I was thinking about :)

Sorry for the repost too, but everytime I post lately its putting extra
carriage-returns in and frankly, its just <beeping> me off. So I'm trying it
again to see if I can get around it.

[RPG]
[Borg Pyramid]
"Aaah so thats what a klick is.", Mandrake exclaimed.

Highwaij: "Yeah you got it!".

Mandrake: "So why don't they just say <insert whatever the hell it is LOL>
rather then a klick?

uetan: "Because that would too easy!"

Highwaij: "Its just a klick, Cynan, no big deal."

Mandrake: "A-huh."

He shook his head (mumbling something about it being weird) as the group
carried on towards the rendezvous point, to where
Tails, D'Angela and the rest of team were waiting for them to be evacuated.

Zena was walking ahead, Highwaij slightly behind checking the side passages
and Cynan covered the rear. Their senses were heightened, every sound, every
whisper, made them jump inside and glance to where it came. He turned
around, sword clutched in his right hand waiting for anyone or thing to jump
out and get diced.

Then the light caught the blade and shown in eye. He began to lose focus,
and instead look down at his new addition, his Borg'ified arm. He began to
flex his grip on the tsuka (the handle) and felt a strange sensation, his
arm was still his (of sorts), but it just didn't feel the same. It felt
wrong, it felt Borg.

Zena noticed this and turned around. Her head was placed slightly too one
side and with a concerned look on her face asked, "Is everything ok, Cynan?"

Cynan: "Huh? O-oh yeah..", he smiled flakily looking up at her.

Zena: "We'll get it sorted when we get back, k? Just hold on."

He tossed the blade to his left, catching it in his other hand and turned
around, performing a sword flourish.

Cynan: "Sure.. I'll be fine... really."

Pressing on and a few 'klicks' (someone HAS to explain this to me, really!)
more, he found that the others had stopped. Mandrake continued past, walking
backwards, still covering the read, to be greeted by a flicker of green
light.

Cynan: "What was that !?"

Quetan: "Force field.. y-ou yo..."

Highwaij: "...got through it! The ship must think your Borg!"

Cynan: "I am bloody Borg, look at my arm!"

Mandrake growled and swung it into the panel by his side, sparks few and the
shield flicked off.

Highwaij: "O'kay buddy, we'll get.."

Tails: "Hey overhear!".

Tails interrupted, calling them over to the evac. point. She'd seen what
happened but didn't think it was a good idea to start asking any questions
about it just yet. The group just looked at each other, a sigh of relief
swiping over their faces, with a look of lets go home.

Tails: "=^= Tails to Vanguard, we're ready to beam back. =^="

Vanguard: "=^= Acknowledged. Energizing. =^="

Just then as the transported were'd (new word?) into action, the Vanguard
let rip her final assault, she fired on the mines which began to cascade in
a mighty explosion ripping across the surface of the pyramid.

[Vanguard]
It was a strange sensation to the away party, as for a moment they were on a
ship that was about to engulf them in an explosion, and then they were safe
and sound back on the Vanguard.

Queten: "Everyone o'kay?"

Everyone said that they were, but then Mandrake felt something from inside.

"I think... that you better get me to sic... k.baa.y." he said, and
collapsed on the floor as a Borg implant pierced the surface off his skin.

OoC: Alexa, you gonna be my saving angel? heh.

Oh and oooops.. having just wrote all this out I noticed that the team had
already been beamed back. So this is kinda a pre/during post :-/

USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org