[USS Vanguard] RPG: Wake up call

  • From: Kieran Darkwater <kierandarkwater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:16:07 +0100 (BST)

Kieran came round, aching slightly but fundamentally whole, staring up at the
unfamiliar ceiling of the sickbay. It took him a moment to place himself, and a
moment longer to feel the embarrassment kick in as he realised he was still
wearing the quilted tunic and tight breeches of his holodeck adventure.

Sitting up slowly he turned to the wall panel and called for a uniform from the
replicator, which told him politely and unhelpfully that it was programmed only
for medical materials, and only to respond to medical personnel. His Field
Triage qualification, apparently, didn?t count?

Rising to his feet, breathing a little gingerly, he wandered out into the
sick-bay proper, which was apparently empty except for Droin and McCaw stood by
the sample area with the rotund little bundle of joy that was the Tribble
exposed before them. He sidled over to join them, and stood in silent
contemplation for a moment.

?I?m surprised?? Xristha offered, after a moment, turning to look at him.

?I thought you?d have something to say about the forcefield being down.?

?You were the one with the Tribble bioweapon hypothesis, after all.?

?Yes, but not a biological one? and not this individual Tribble. I?m talking
about the Tribble as a species ? they fill no natural evolutionary niche?
they?re fodder, nothing more.

It does make sense, though? has anyone managed to decipher anything meaningful
from the Ghormley?s logs yet?

Is it me, or is it warm in here??