[USS Vanguard] (RPG) The Barrens: A Wrap-Up

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:54:24 -0700 (PDT)

Capt. Dominic Santos
USS Vanguard
After all recent posts aboard Tomonaga, before "Deus ex Machina"

"Captain's Log: Supplemental.

"Once I took control of the Tomonaga's quantum-singularity power
source, I was able to stop further contamination of the timeline by the
faulty time-core, thus restoring the sundry Tomonaga crew to their
rightful places--wherever (and whenever) they may be.

"I should have known, though, that the Vanguard's crew would have the
situation well in hand, as they staged a mutiny of their own without my

"We are towing the Tomonaga to the nearest starbase where she will, no
doubt, come under the scrutiny of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers.

"Even as I prepare to welcome the Vanguard's newest crew members, I
ponder the Tomonaga and her true mission. How she ended up in the
Barrens and where her crew are may forever remain mysteries to us."

OoC: A bit of a cliffhanger, perhaps, but maybe someone would be kind
enough to volunteer an explanation about the Tomonaga as we transition
from this mission to the next. If not, maybe someday we'll revisit the

It's a time to welcome our new crew members, build characters, interact
with one another, and maybe even relax in our lounge. Then, we'll
proceed to our next mission, as Vanguard plays a role she's never
played before: prisoner transport, albeit unwittingly. (And you just
know it won't go...smoothly.) :)

My apologies for the lateness of this post. I hope you found the
mission as satisfying as I did, and I'd like to thank everyone for
their participation and for the hard work they put in each and every

As always, I'm here for any questions or comments.