[USS Vanguard] RPG: Rise Up, Rise Up

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:59:06 -0700 (PDT)

Captain's Log: Supplemental.

The Borg vessel destroyed, I am happy to report that we have located
and retrieved Sam McCaw's team. All appear in good health, and, after
the Science Team reconfigured our sensors and transporters to locate
all Borg genetic and technical material, we have transported aboard and
secured all traces of the Borg on the planet McCaw and Company found

Tonight, we have a special celebration in the Event Horizon...

End log and file.

Captain Dominic Cesar Santos
Event Horizon Lounge
After "Sensations"

Santos walked in the lounge and took the podium without hesitation. All
voices quieted as the party turned to watch him.

He began.

Santos: We come under one banner to act as a family--to heal our
wounds, join our strengths, celebrate our victories, mourn our losses,
and work toward a greater good. Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe

The four you see before you are leaders, innovators, creators, healers,
exemplars, thinkers, scientists, and warriors. They have defended our
philosophies and fought our battles with courage and conviction. It is
with humble pleasure that I promote Ensign She'ra Khan to Lieutenant
Junior Grade She'ra Khan, Lieutenant Junior Grade Jaav E'thexx to
Lieutenant Jaav E'thexx, Lieutenant Junior Grade Kieran Darkwater to
Lieutenant Kieran Darkwater, and last but certainly not least
Lieutenant Soman Drath to Lieutenant Commander Soman Drath.

Ladies and gentle-beings--the officers of the USS Vanguard!

[Applause rises and swells.]

They danced and laughed and celebrated into the night, unaware of the
tears and challenges and heartache that soon awaited them.