[USS Vanguard] RPG: New Orders

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:09:50 -0700 (PDT)

Capt. Dominic Santos
USS Vanguard - Briefing Chambers
Following "The Captain Calleth"

Capt. Dominic Santos waited until everyone had settled in their seats
before starting.

"We don't have much time," he said, "so let me get to the point."

"If you'll study your displays, I'm uploading the available,
non-classified data on the timeship Tomonaga.

"As some of you may know, the Tomonaga was the prototype for a line of
temporal vessels. Starfleet and the Romulan Empire, for reasons that
are irrelevant to our purposes today, chose to scuttle the project. As
far as we know, the ship has been in mothballs at a secure, undisclosed
location.

"Long-range scans have recently detected a Starfleet vessel in the
vicinity of the Barrens. The indications are that this vessel is the
Tomonaga."

Santos waited for a response from the assembled senior officers, and
was not surprised at the murmurs encircling the room.

"The ship appears abandoned, and all attempts to contact any crew who
may be aboard have gone unacknowledged.

"Our mission is to board this vessel, discover what happened to its
crew, how it came to be in the Barrens and to take control of it and
have it returned to Deep Space 16.

"Due to the sheer magnitude of the task ahead, all senior officers,
including myself, will board the vessel. Commander Soman, Lieutenant
Quetan and I will assign a skeleton crew on the Vanguard.

"We will board the vessel in hazard suits, equipped with wrist-torches
should the need to abandon our suits arise, armed with phaser rifles,
photon grenades, phaser sidearms, medical/standard tricorders and
standard emergency kits.

"Because safety of this crew is my top priority, we will be divided
into and stay with groups of three--Alpha, Bravo and Charlie Teams.

"Charlie will fall under the command of Zena Quetan. Their primary
mission, along with the goals I've already mentioned, will be to
reconstruct the history of this vessel and its missing crew. Salvage
any logs you find, gather any clues, leave no stone unturned.

"Bravo will be with Commander Soman. The primary mission of Bravo Team
will be to get the Tomonaga operational and in a condition to be
tractor-towed back to DS16. My recommendation is to establish a command
post inside Engineering and to work from there.

"Alpha will be with me. We will secure the ship, clear it of any
possible threat and coordinate the efforts of Bravo and Charlie Teams.

"We're on fast approach to the Barrens and will have Tomonaga in sight
at approximately 1400 tomorrow.

"Because the ship's status is unknown, I rule out tractoring it to DS16
before we begin our investigation. I want to solve this mystery before
I present the ship to Command.

"My first preference is to transport aboard the Tomonaga, team-by-team.
If that proves impossible for whatever reason, we will move the teams
by shuttle and penetrate the ship by any means necessary.

"Group assignments will be forthcoming. Are there any questions?"

http://tax.yahoo.com
Vanguard Archives at Freelists: //www.freelists.org/archives/ncv80221