[USS Vanguard] RPG: [NEW MISSION] The Prisoners

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:11:46 -0700 (PDT)

Capt. Dominic Santos strolled into Event Horizon and looked about.
Because he was accustomed to taking his lunches late, he noticed only a
few patrons in the lounge, mostly early-risers on night shift, taking
their breakfast.

He sat down and began reading the Straits-Times on his PADD. A server
approached him.

"Would you like to look at today's menu?" the server asked.

Santos looked up from a story about the Covent Gardens Flower Show
(having considered entering his roses this year) into the sunny face of
the new server.

"April," Santos said, referring to the server and not the month. "How
is your new life on the Vanguard treating you?"

"Just fine, Nick," she said, "and thank you."

"For what?" he asked.

"For approving my transfer from New Berlin to the ship."

He shrugged. "Thank Des, not me. I bet life's more exciting here."

April mirrored Santos' shrug. "I deal with fewer tourists."

Santos chuckled. "...Oh, and having once been a journalist, I applaud
your use of 'fewer' as opposed to 'less'."

She grinned. "I was a Communications student at Lovell University at
New Berlin. Not starship communications, but...you know."

Santos arched an eyebrow. "Really? What did you think of..."

But before he could continue, Highwaij's voice came over the intraship
comm.

"Captain Santos, priority one message from Starfleet."

Santos got up, tapping his communications badge. "On my way."

He turned to April. "Sorry, this discussion will have to wait for
another time."

April swept up the menu from the table. "Until next time then."

Santos arrived on the bridge. "Report."

Highwaij turned from his station. "Captain, I've rerouted the message
to your ready room."

Santos smiled as he walked toward his ready room. "Well, thank you,
Mister Highwaij. You're Johnny-on-the-spot today."

D'Angelo turned and offered Highwaij a rare grin as the captain
disappeared into his ready room.

"He seems happy today."

Highwaij nodded and returned to his duties.

Minutes later, Santos' mood changed as he emerged from his ready room.

"Mister Soman," he said.

"Aye, sir," the executive officer turned and faced the captain.

"Assemble the senior officers in the briefing chambers."

Santos began:

"The SS Conscript is a prisoner transport ship commanded by two and
crewed by 12. She is en route from Solarian where she has just received
three high-profile prisoners to be delivered for trial in Auckland, on
Earth.

"Our mission is to escort the ship safely to Earth and deliver the
prisoners into the hands of the appropriate authorities. As the nearest
Federation ship with an in-house JAG officer, our duty in this matter
is clear. Are there any questions?"

http://sbc.yahoo.com