[USS Vanguard] RPG: Children of the Past

  • From: "andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:32:27 -0500

Capt. Dominic Santos
USS Vanguard

OoC: The following takes place after the Vanguard enters the conduit used by
the Borg to travel throughout the galaxy.

RPG:
The Vanguard rocked violently, forcing the bridge crew to grab the nearest
bulkhead to steady themselves.

"Steady as she goes! Hold your course!" Santos shouted above the sound of
Vanguard's straining intertial dampeners.

"I'm...trying," Valentine said between gritted teeth.

First Officer Zena Quetan turned from the Science station.

"Captain, we're receiving wild telemetry--space/time appears to be in constant
flux. Neutrino emissions are off-the-scale. They seem to be affecting the
ship's bioneural components."

"What's the status on our temporal components?" Santos asked.

Zena paused, then shook her head. As the ship rocked again, she swiped a strand
of hair out of her face. "Hard to ascertain. Neutrino emissions are leveling
out...stand by."

"Report, Zena!"

"Sir, neutrino emissions spiked, and they appear to be dissipating. Bioneural
gelpaks are compensating."

"Well done, Commander."

"Sir, thirty seconds from exiting this corridor."

"Increase power to shields. Stand by weapons and scan for Borg activity."

The ship rocked again.

"Steady...steady..."

Valentine: "Ten seconds."

"I can see the exit now, Captain," Kavan said.

"Three seconds..."

Ensign Barber (NPC): "Engineering to bridge! We've just lost power to the warp
drive."

The Vanguard emerged from the Borg conduit.

"That was close," Santos said. "What are our present coordinates?"

Valentine looked at her board. "My panel seems to be experiencing...there it
is. Sir, you're not going to believe this: Our present location does not appear
on any Federation starcharts."

Quetan said: "Nick, you better have a look at this."

Santos joined Quetan at her panel.

"According to the universal calendar, we are anywhere from 75 to 150 years in
the future from when we entered the corridor!"

 Can you be more specific??

Zena shook her head.  Space-time appears to be in constant flux.?

Santos turned to Kavan.  Mister Kavan, prepare for effects from the Non
Sequitur Effect.?

Kavan:  Sir??

Quetan grinned at him.  We?ll explain later. Look out for things that don?t
make sense.?

[Note: The  Non Sequitur Effect? is an inside joke. It was used on the last
voyage of the Astoria to explain why two posts?nearly simultaneously posted?had
the Astoria both under attack in orbit, and docked planetside. The  Non
Sequitur Effect? is presented, naturally, when things happen that don?t follow
logically from something else. Hint to Messrs Steve, Alex and Mark.] J

Valentine had another report.

"Sir, we're being hailed. Signal is very faint, but appears to be...Federation."

Santos walked toward a viewscreen.

"Open a channel. Audio only."

=/\= "Greetings, Vanguard! We are tri-honored and have been hap-expecting you!
It is not every due day that we have the chance to meet-encounter our
ancestors. We pray-hope you will join us..." =/\=