[USS Vanguard] Re: Powerless

  • From: Alec Keenan <sam_mccaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:47:40 -0800 (PST)

Lt.Sam McCaw
Holodeck 2
After returning to the Vanguard

ooc: Just a little note to apologise unconditionally
for the following sickeningly sentimental post. Funny
mood I guess. :)

       The door opened and Qbed stepped out onto a
rocky cliff top somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. A
base jumping rig lay discarded just to the side of the
door and Sam sat dangling his legs over the precipice.
She watched him silently for some time before speaking
"I thought I'd find you here." Sam turned around with
a pained expression on his face that melted away as he
took in the beautiful girl stood before him. "I'm
sorry. It 's just I...I'm having a little trouble
adjusting that's all." Qbed sat down next to him and
picked up a small rock turning it over in her hand
before throwing it out into space and wathcing it
fall. "Adjusting to what?" Sam looked at her long and
hard. "I've never loved anyone before, not really, not
so that your whole life twists round until they're at
the center of it and nothing else matters." He looked
away quickly. "It's terrifying. I mean I'm Sam, happy
go lucky, no strings Sam." Qbed nodded. She understood
the fear of something new, something like suddenly
being mortal, fragile. She took his hand in hers and
they sat sat in silence for a long time. Together they
both felt safe.

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com