[USS Vanguard] Post Bag

  • From: "Jonathon" <jonathon.bremmer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 17:53:41 -0000

Counselor Jaav E'thexx

Event Horizon

After: Most recent post

For just a moment, Jaav let his eyes wander up from the PADD in front of him
and drift towards the stars that streaked past the Event Horizon lounge. He had
been reading through the multitude of communiqués which had accumulated in his
inbox over the last few days. He had found the time only to view priority
marked items and had set aside some time to take a look at the rest while
enjoying a cup of tea. The pursuit had quickly become laborious, and the
outside cosmo-scape had become that much more appealing.

Des: You looking at anything interesting there?

Desdemona Barrett-Brown caught Jaav off guard, he hadn't noticed her move
toward his table, none-the-less, her presence was convenient, she had come as a
welcomed distraction, and with a fresh pot of hot tea.

E'thexx: Nothing really, update requests form Starfleet Medical, Psychology
papers, a couple of letters from home, the usual sort of thing.

Desdemona sat down at the table, she glanced at Jaav's empty cup, placed her
index and middle finger on the lid of the tea-pot and tilted it upward, pouring
out the steaming hot beverage.

Des: Letters from home? You don't often mention family.

E'thexx: There's not a lot to mention.

Desdemona grinned, she seemed to know all to well what Jaav meant by his
statement.

Des: I'm thinking of arranging a poetry reading evening here in the Horizon in
the not too distant future, what do you think?

E'thexx: It should be a hit with the crew, I can think of quite a few people
who might jump at the chance to flex a few creative muscles.

Des: What about yourself? Would you consider contributing? Xristha mentioned
that you read the odd spot of  Bajoran Literature.

E'thexx: I'm very much a reader! I don't think the crew would appreciate my
"talents", it could quite possibly be an inter-species cure for insomnia!

Des: There's always a first time...

It appeared as though Desdemona was about to continue, but before she did, one
of her waitresses moved over to the table at which Jaav and her were seated and
touched her on the arm. So as not to intrude, the waitress spoke very softly
and discreetly into the ear of her superior. Desdemona placed the pot of tea on
the table, stood up, and straightened out the creases from her clothing.

Desdemona: If you'll excuse me Jaav, I seem to have been made a very lucrative
offer by a Yridian freighter Captain. It appears he can re-supply my fresh food
stocks for half the usual fee.

Jaav smiled at Des, and acknowledged her statement with a content nod. She
serenely moved over to her communication terminal behind the bar, presumably to
come to some arrangement with the freighter captain.

Jaav resumed the plough through the remainder of his accumulated mail.

END

USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org