[USS Vanguard] OoC: You know that promise...?

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 06:17:22 -0800 (PST)

Good morning, all.

I know I promised a mission post over the weekend, but I had the
stupidity to update my Windows 98. Update went so badly that the
motherboard didn't recognize either my CD-ROM or CD-RW after I

(Non-techies can consider this next part a free skip.)

It's the Intel driver that appears under "Storage" if you're using the
Windows Update from your Start menu. Download, install--hoses your IDE
controllers. Really.

(End of techie stuff.)

I spent all night Saturday (not a nice way to spend Saturday night, by
the way) reformatting and reinstalling Windows 98. And
literally...LITERALLY as I was sitting down and looking forward to
writing some ideas I had had, an old friend of my girlfriend's called
after being absent for four years to ask us how to fix the same problem
I had had hours earlier. (Yes, we downloaded the "fix" independently.)

So that was how I spent my Sunday, too.

Anyway, back to work and I'm busy, but I'll try my best to get
something out today. In the meantime, thanks to everyone who posted. I
look forward very much to reading them in greater depth and giving some