[USS Vanguard] OoC: What's next

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the Brigadoon wrap
up. In fact, I think it's so good that we may do this on a more-or-less
permanent basis from now on to finish each mission.

(I've never felt comfortable doing it all by myself, in case I lose
someone's dangling thread, and I get the feeling most of you don't feel
comfortable ending it for everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

WEB SITE: Finally, I'm done building my new computer. Those of you who
are interested, email me and we'll go over specs and talk turkey about
computers. Those of you who couldn't care less--thank me later for not
geeking out in this paragraph and going on and on about it. ;-)

NEW CREW MEMBER: Join me in welcoming aboard Mack James. I'll be
forwarding his application as I want to slowly phase out the
vanguard.iwarp.com Web site and transition into something else.
Therefore, a lot of stuff isn't updated, not just because of my
computer (or lack of one), but because FreeServers doesn't support the
FTP anymore. (Sinners.) We haven't nailed down his position yet, but
it's coming.

NEXT MISSION: St. Cloud may have alienated the Vanguard crew, but now
that he's out and Santos is back in, he left one thing in
place--temporal transporters. Santos & Co. experiment with the temporal
transporters by sending an away team to the late Twentieth Century,
trying once and for all to lock down the details surrounding the Third
World War. But the Vanguard comes under attack, possibly stranding the
away team in the past.

For the away team, I'm thinking: Cynan MANDRAKE, She'ra KHAN, Kieran
DARKWATER, Zena QUETAN, Dr Jaav E'THEXX, Sam MCCAW and QBED. That's not
set in stone, though, and I'd like each of those players who want to
participate to send me a private email. Anyone else who wants in on
this action should contact me.

On board the Vanguard, the assassin(s) plan their next move.

Banquet, promotions--more to come.

Thank you, everyone. After a few months of fits and starts, I'm setting
up this next mission (at least the away team in the past) as a humorous
mission. Ya see, when the away team travels to the past in black
Starfleet covert ops gear and their cloaking suits malfunction (of
course), their appearance and strange behavior lead many to think of
them as the mythical "Men in Black".

I think we can all use a laugh.

Concerns, comments, questions--please feel free to contact me.