[USS Vanguard] OoC: Updates

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:56:50 -0700 (PDT)

A word or two about what I've been up to.

1. As many of you know, I haven't been online very much lately. The
first reason is work. I know it's not a very good one since we all have
responsibilities that take us away from our activities online.

But would any of you believe that I didn't have Internet access at
work? In this day and age and considering that I work with computers,
it's a bit mind-boggling, I know.

At any rate, I have limited Internet access at work now, although using
Web mail and sending email violates our computer security policies.
(Again, stupid.)

I've been very busy, but I will try, once again, to make time to check
my email and write emails in the evenings and on weekends.

2. Secondly, I haven't much felt like writing for the Vanguard since
Chris lost touch with me two months ago. I hope everything's fine; I
like to think it is, and that I'm being a granny and that Chris is just
preoccupied, but I've come to rely on Chris and Mel to keep my course
in the right direction, just as I always welcome and reply to emails
that any of you send with suggestions, questions, comments, etc.

Chris, please remember to send me an email when you get this one. I
hope you'll be in touch with us soon, but in the meantime, I know
you'll want us to continue to play on the sim that you worked so hard
to help build and enjoyed so much.

3. To me, this is the end of the mission, but if any of you were
waiting for me to post before posting your next post, please feel free.
There are enough unanswered questions, as we all know, and I did it
intentionally in case anyone wants to add some ideas. I'd love to hear
what they are. I know we all would.

In the meantime, I'm requesting help. I could use a hand with a few
things, including but not limited to, a second pair of eyes on the Web
site for the Vanguard to tell me what needs to be updated, help putting
some action plans into motion, and some reorganization.

If you have some time, and you wouldn't mind emailing me with a "...So
what do you need?" type of email, please do. I would be very grateful.

So where are we headed next? In a new direction, for one thing. And one
of the things you should expect is to expect nothing:

For one mission--maybe more--I'd like you to meet Capt. Trevor Elis,
who will guide the Vanguard in place of Capt. Santos for a special
mission or two.

Read and post. You may just like what I have in mind.

In the meantime, hope you're well.

As always, questions or comments about the Vanguard are welcome, as are
personal correspondence, always.

Hope you're all well.

Andy Ho
Capt. Dominic Santos