[USS Vanguard] Re: OoC: Upcoming Mission Ideas

  • From: "andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:53:23 -0600

Alexa,

Nah, you're not a bitch. I'm not ready to say that anyone's really been bitchy,
male or female.

We've had some fiery conversations over this the last couple of days, but I
think it's winding down, and about time, too.

I don't know whether I should be flattered that this game brings out such
fierce feelings in the players. I'm guessing "no." :)

Time to bury the hatchet. If nothing else, I'm sad that it's come to this, and
I'm sad that Mack left the way he did. I've actually been wracking my brain
lately, trying to come up with new ways to re-engage players who haven't been
as involved with us.

Anyway...

Some good mission ideas here, and food for thought. For whatever reason, the
"Earth gets savaged by foul weather" idea sticks out the most, although we just
finished a similar(?) mission like that, and it didn't seem to generate much
interest.

The "transporter accident" is another good idea, and, funny enough, Natasha
(Kristen Stark) and I once threw a similar idea around. This must have been,
oh, years and years ago--also based on a TNG idea, the one where a transporter
accident turns them into kids. Natasha and I were going to call it the "Astoria
Babies" mission. :) Could still happen, I guess.

As for Droin's "Black Widow" Syndrome: Yeah, hey, what's up with that?! First
Kye, now Soman and...?

I commisserate with you, though, because I'm carrying the same curse, although
you probably didn't know it, but it's even more "serious." I've asked two
online buddies to guest-play roles on Vanguard before. One was supposed to be
the "Matriarch" of Angel One (a mission we played anyway) and the other was
supposed to be a "Wilderness and Survival Consultant to Starfleet" who trained
us on emergency procedures. (Naturally, Santos gets romantically involved with
her.) This is a mission we didn't play.

Everyone would have loved them, as they were both clever, funny and well-read
women.

But, hell, within days of my asking them to guest-play, both were at my throats
and no longer (online) talking to me. *Shrugs.* I've really got that Santos
charm with the ladiez, what can I say?

It's gotten to the point that I no longer ask buddies (online or otherwise) to
guest star on the Vanguard, as I'm afraid of losing them as friends. Silly, but
true.