[USS Vanguard] Re: OoC: Upcoming Mission Ideas

  • From: "Alexa Bauer" <alexstrpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0600

Some other mission ideas...

Amnesia - the crew experiences an amnesia and no one knows who is who. This
can happen on a planet away mission or something where the crew does not
have access to the computers to look things up (so it's taken a little from
a TNG episode)...

Reverse telepathy - what if everyone on the crew all of a sudden could read
everyone's thoughts?

Addicted game - remember this TNG episode? You know how fads come and go...I
think it's time for this fad to come back.

Transporter twins are always fun!

What about a holodeck simulation that is a team building - capture the flag?

Earth isn't immune to catastrophes itself. What if a horrible natural
disaster got past the environmental protection grid and the Vanguard is the
only ship around.

Just some thoughts...

PS...I hope I'm not a bitch, though I seem to have been called one too many
times recently. I want to say sorry for causing the commotion, but am not
sorry for what I said. I TRULY enjoy the Vanguard and will not threaten to
leave again ;) I am finally really getting the chance go have our flirty
doctor gain ground in relationships...then again they all seem to
disappear...it's a conspiracy!

>From: "andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [USS Vanguard] OoC: Upcoming Mission Ideas
>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:36:32 -0600
>A few mission ideas that I've been throwing around. Any thoughts?
>1. When Alexa mentioned a "holonovel" in one of her recent posts, I
>thought, "What kind of holonovel could become the latest rage?" How about a
>murder mystery where all the crew can participate as members of an "FBI
>task force" to hunt a serial murderer, a la "Silence of the Lambs"? And
>since we've never done a "holodeck goes crazy" mission, what if the
>holodeck went crazy :) and we were all stuck on the holodeck with the
>safety protocols off...and a serial murderer on the loose?
>2. The Vanguard are ordered near the Dominion Neutral Zone to retrieve a
>highly-secret, extremely valuable object (a la Pulp Fiction, we don't know
>what it is). Once we retrieve it, we think it's easy enough to get back to
>Earth, but the Vanguard is attacked by nearly major power, also seeking the
>3. "What ever happened to the USS Marathon?" Chris posed the question at
>the end of the Deep Space Ten/Vanguard/Vanguard Future mission, the mission
>that introduced us to Capt. Soman Drath and the USS Marathon. "What if the
>Marathon traveled to the present and we were once again introduced to the
>future selves of the Vanguard characters?" This time, we would see all the
>future characters of the current Vanguard characters, including "Mirror
>Universe Santos" (dum dum DUM!). Longtimers will remember that we were
>introduced to "Mirror Universe Vanier Lee," but never "Mirror Santos," as
>he was mentioned in passing, presumed lost in action.
>On that note...
>4. A return to the Mirror Universe. This time, we would include all "Mirror
>Universe" counterparts to the current crew. For the record, the Vanguard
>doesn't recognize that weak sister Mirror Universe from Deep Space Ten, the
>one where the Klingons and the Cardassians are in control. (Honestly,
>what's the fun in that? They can already be pretty evil!) For the
>Vanguard's purposes, the Mirror Universe counterparts are true Mirror
>Universe counterparts for everyone on the ship.
>Please continue to send all email to andywoho@xxxxxxxxxx
>This is an email account I use from my workplace.
>USS Vanguard: http://ncv80221.netfirms.com/default.htm
>Vanguard Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/ncv80221
>Gamma Fleet: http://gammafleet.trekplayer.com/
>FreeLists: http://www.freelists.org

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed