[USS Vanguard] OoC: Upcoming Mission Ideas

  • From: "andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:36:32 -0600

A few mission ideas that I've been throwing around. Any thoughts?

1. When Alexa mentioned a "holonovel" in one of her recent posts, I thought,
"What kind of holonovel could become the latest rage?" How about a murder
mystery where all the crew can participate as members of an "FBI task force" to
hunt a serial murderer, a la "Silence of the Lambs"? And since we've never done
a "holodeck goes crazy" mission, what if the holodeck went crazy :) and we were
all stuck on the holodeck with the safety protocols off...and a serial murderer
on the loose?

2. The Vanguard are ordered near the Dominion Neutral Zone to retrieve a
highly-secret, extremely valuable object (a la Pulp Fiction, we don't know what
it is). Once we retrieve it, we think it's easy enough to get back to Earth,
but the Vanguard is attacked by nearly major power, also seeking the object.

3. "What ever happened to the USS Marathon?" Chris posed the question at the
end of the Deep Space Ten/Vanguard/Vanguard Future mission, the mission that
introduced us to Capt. Soman Drath and the USS Marathon. "What if the Marathon
traveled to the present and we were once again introduced to the future selves
of the Vanguard characters?" This time, we would see all the future characters
of the current Vanguard characters, including "Mirror Universe Santos" (dum dum
DUM!). Longtimers will remember that we were introduced to "Mirror Universe
Vanier Lee," but never "Mirror Santos," as he was mentioned in passing,
presumed lost in action.

On that note...

4. A return to the Mirror Universe. This time, we would include all "Mirror
Universe" counterparts to the current crew. For the record, the Vanguard
doesn't recognize that weak sister Mirror Universe from Deep Space Ten, the one
where the Klingons and the Cardassians are in control. (Honestly, what's the
fun in that? They can already be pretty evil!) For the Vanguard's purposes, the
Mirror Universe counterparts are true Mirror Universe counterparts for everyone
on the ship.
Please continue to send all email to andywoho@xxxxxxxxxx

This is an email account I use from my workplace.