[USS Vanguard] Re: OoC: Promotions.

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:35:32 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

Thank you for your kind words, and, yes, you did deserve it. You're a
constant presence: even when energy and enthusiasm flags on the sim,
you don't give up but get in there, sim, write, play and get us all
moving. For that, I--and many others--salute you.

I'm flattered you remembered my story about my journalism professor's
advice. What Mark's talking about is a piece of advice I passed on from
my uni instructor, who said, "Compliments are sometimes harder to take
than criticisms. What you should do when you receive one, rather than
hem-and-haw about it, is to say 'Thank you' and accept graciously."
I've followed her advice ever since.

Oh, and yes, the Web site has been updated. Our default home page also
has a section on "News" now, if you scroll down past the Vanguard JPG.
There's also a nifty image that was created by Chris (Soman). Other
updates include all the new biographies, new shuttle information, new
mission archives.

As for Des and Qbed, yes, I think it's a shame we don't promote them,
but they know how highly we think of them both.

Best,

Andy

http://tax.yahoo.com
Vanguard Archives at Freelists: //www.freelists.org/archives/ncv80221