[USS Vanguard] OoC: Please read the following

  • From: "andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:09:03 -0600

1. The Third Anniversary Mission was originally slated to run
mission-after-next, but since I?ve already introduced elements of it, and since
we?ve gotten a taste of it, I thought, ?Why not??

Therefore, the Vanguard?as soon as its officers wrest back control of her?will
be returning to Earth for repairs. Mr Darkwater (and our new arrival, Mr Shar)
are free to join us by ?warp sled? (as seen in The Motion Picture), or any
other means of catching up with the ship. Otherwise, we?ll be turning around
and picking them up. ;-) But they?re resourceful guys, and I?m sure they could
come up with something, if they had to. :-)

The mission will involve the tying-up of loose ends having to do with
time-travel related missions and the hints of missions and things to come.

I hope I won?t offend anyone?s religious beliefs, but one group will be
assembled to find and retrieve the Ark. (Yes, that one.) And the other group
will escort Santos to the Borg homeworld to sign the treaty with the Borg
that?s been prophesied. How will he do it without changing Star Trek mythos
itself, without turning the Borg into an ally? You?ll just have to wait and see.

I promise you adventure, intrigue and an ending you won?t believe (I?ve
promised not to destroy the Vanguard or kill Santos, but this is the next best

We?ll proceed as we always do, with everyone contributing as much as they
can?the mission is set up in such a way that, although I hate predetermined
endings, we can play freely, write whatever you like, and we?ll still achieve
the goal I want to achieve. I know that sounds odd, but just bear with me and
trust me and go along for the ride.

2. Until further notice, I am pleased to announce Mel (Zena Quetan) as Acting
Executive Officer (whose response when I made this offer was ?BWAHAHA?POWER!?,
so be careful, boys and girls).

I?m offering Mark (Cynan Mandrake) the chance to be Acting Second Officer. (And
we?ll need all the command officers we can get our hands on.)

3. There will be a brief promotion ceremony following the end of ?runaway

4. The biography for Angus, who will be playing new Intelligence Officer Mr.
Shar, will be posted this weekend.

5. The Chief Tactical Officer position will be eliminated. The Security
Officer?s position will become ?Chief Security/Tactical Officer.?

6. As laid out in the Personnel Manifest, all titles will be changed to the

The officer in the second tier position will be known as the ?Assistant Chief
Officer? and the third tier position will be ?Deputy Chief Officer.?

For example:

Chief Security/Tactical Officer

Intelligence Officer / Assistant Chief Se-Tac Officer

JAG Officer / Deputy Chief Se-Tac Officer

This is not because I love minor details, but because the Assistant or Deputy
need the mandate to step up in case of prolonged absences/illnesses/vacations,

Thanks again for all the excellent posts I?ve seen lately. I?m excited about
this mission, and I hope you are, too. If anyone has a preference one way or
another about the Ark or Borg A or B story, please email me and let me know,
but I can?t promise anything. (We can?t all go to the Borg homeworld, and if
the bickering doesn?t stop, I?m turning this starship around and NOBODY?S going
anywhere. ;) )

Please continue to send all email to andywoho@xxxxxxxxxx

This is an email account I use from my workplace.