[USS Vanguard] Re: OoC: MS Outlook Journal.

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:23:22 -0800 (PST)

--- Cynan <kuhnahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You may have already done this, but have you tried searching the
> knowledge base (support.microsoft.com) for any help? It might tell
> you where the files are normally stored, or what the filenames of
> them are so that you can then search on the machine.

Yep, done that. And after using it, it's my opinion that the only way
Microsoft could improve on the knowledge base is by placing a
ten-year-old rhesus monkey suffering from typhoid fever in front of a
twenty-year-old Underwood manual typewriter and letting him punch keys
at random. And after every five minutes, putting his input live on the
knowledge base in reponse to queries they've chosen for the monkey to

Dude, you know I'm just kidding. ;) It's a very good suggestion and not
a bad little tool that just happens to be front-ended by a crap search
engine/index. If you can get to what you need, it's pretty complete and
easy to follow. The keyword here is IF they have what you need. In this
case, they didn't. But I came up with a solution, anyway. ;) Thanks for
your input!