[USS Vanguard] OoC: List Moderation

  • From: "andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:01:57 -0500

In 24 hours, barring further incidents, I will once again make the list
unmoderated to subscribed users. What that means is that your emails go
straight through to the list without passing through me (or Mel or Chris) first.

At that time, I also hope to have a post ready for you. I've spent the last
week at work in a constant emergency state, with it coming to a head on Sunday
with the breakout of Sasser. Anyway.

If any of you have questions about security or need to check for Sasser (one
good sign of Sasser is that your computer constantly reboots), let me know. As
always, protect your passwords, update your anti-virus clients, and eliminate

Some tools I like include: Google Toolbar, AVG Anti-virus (free of charge for
home use), Ad-aware 6.0, Symantec Anti-virus, the Windows Update site.

If you have any questions about these products, let me know. I'm no expert on
any of these, but I use them and like them.

You should be able to find any by conducting a search on Google.

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to
contact me.

Best regards,

Please continue to send all email to andywoho@xxxxxxxxxx

This is an email account I use from my workplace.