[USS Vanguard] OoC: Ending one mission, starting the next.

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 04:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

Sorry for the long delays between posts; hope you're all enjoying your
summer.

By now, you should be receiving this email courtesy of FreeLists. As of
today, the Listbot address is no longer valid.

Chris and I are working on the final post of the Nexus mission. After
that concludes, I've been in contact with Randi ("Qbed") as to the
start of the next mission. For those of you who remember the first Beta
Lachesis mission, I'm sure you'll join me in welcoming back Randi. For
those of you who weren't around for the first Beta Lachesis, I think
you'll enjoy her take on Q and what she brings to the character. It's
unique, no matter how many members of the Continuum we've seen.

In the meantime, I'd like you all to think about what your characters
would have been like during 14th Century Europe. And let's just pick a
round number, and say, jump back approximately 1000 years to 1378. If
my history is correct, it's the middle of the conflict between England
and France known as the Hundred Years War. Knights are in service.
Gunpowder has been invented, but is not common on the battlefield. The
"Code of Chivalry" is a way of life.

In these surroundings, what would your character look like? How would
he or she earn a living? How would he or she survive the dangers of the
time?

And because it's a history concocted by Q, maybe, just maybe, some of
those "Dungeons & Dragons" elements of sword and sorcery come into
play--elves and wizards and sword play and spell-casting. Who knows?
We'll decide together.

Looking forward to getting started this week. Chris and Melanie and I
will do everything in our power to make sure that it does.

Thanks for sticking with us. (Anyone who cannot participate, please
send me an email in private to let me know.)

Best,

Andy

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com