[USS Vanguard] OoC: Away on Business Travel

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:40:33 -0800 (PST)

As I sit and write this, I'm sipping a coffee at the Borders Books &
Music in North Carolina, working off my laptop. Have I mentioned how
much I love wi-fi? (For the uninitiated, "wi-fi" is wireless Internet
access, more often than not at high-speed. A "wi-fi hotspot" is an area
where either a good samaritan is offering high speed wireless for free,
or where a bookstore, airport, coffee shop etc. has set up a pay
service, as in the case with Borders.)

I'm in North Carolina all this week for business, and when the clerk at
the hotel told me "Why, yes, we have Internet access in every room--you
simply plug your phone into the jack," I refrained from my original
response -- "No kidding, Albert Einstein?" -- to "To hell with this;
I'm going to find a wi-fi hotspot."

Anyway, now that I've got my geek on, I will will WILL be posting,
especially since we're leading up to the big mama-jama joint mission
the 1st of November.

To all those who have been posting: Thank you, thank you. I haven't
read all the posts yet, but believe me, I will and will respond in

Hope you're all well, and