[USS Vanguard] OoC: Attention! Must read.

  • From: "andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 17:42:20 -0500

I received an email today claiming to be Jonathon (Jaav) seeking approval for a
message meant to be posted to the Vanguard list.

Because I know that Jonathon would never send an email with the type of content
contained in this email, I am unfortunately changing the list to a moderated
list until further notice.

This also would serve to protect you, as, from what I can tell, the email
contained a trojan/worm/virus that Freelists stripped out.

To the perpetrator(s): I encourage you to release control of Jonathon's email,
reset his original password, and forget this list or the members of this list.

Many of the members of this list are fully-qualified IT professionals, myself

I am sure I don't need to remind them to apply all Microsoft patches and hot
fixes, make sure their passwords are secure and difficult to crack, and be
careful of what they transmit over wireless, unencrypted networks.

Anyone who has questions should contact me.

I apologize for the disruption and thank you, as always, for your support.

Please continue to send all email to andywoho@xxxxxxxxxx

This is an email account I use from my workplace.