[USS Vanguard] OoC: Alexa

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:01:51 -0800 (PST)

Let me be the third one to echo what my friends and fellow players have
already expressed so very well.

As a gamesmaster, every time I've had to dismiss a player or watch as
one left, I've had to ask myself, "Was there something I could have
done to prevent their departure?"

In many of these cases, I don't know how much more could have been
done. But enough about me.

Alexa has been a large part of what we WERE. When Dani and I forged the
Astoria, Alexa was there every step to listen to our ideas and provide
feedback. The Astoria--and its original crew--were BETTER for it.

Her very presence lent a calm and a gravity to the proceedings. I don't
think we could have made it past that first year without her, much less
the first five missions.

So, here we are at a crossroads.

Friends, I'm getting sick of losing players...and friends. I might have
to say goodbye to Alec and Randi (Qbed and McCaw), as they have both
expressed how busy they are. I hate looking back at our roster and
seeing the names of people we've known or people we never got a chance
to know better: Cutter, Senya, Borran, Banaac, Chen'ki, Stratford, and
Rauch. Most of all, I miss Seth (Kye), Chantal (Tails), Natasha
(Stark), Dani (Halloran/Vaughn/Caprice) and now, it appears I'll have
to say goodbye to Alexa (Droin).

It's almost too much to take, sometimes.

Do I know how much real life takes away from these activities? Hell
yes. In fact, I blame my real life responsibilities for not being able
to do more, be better for the Vanguard.

But it's looking at these names that causes me to re-commit myself. I
don't want any more names on the ex-players roster. I'll try to do
everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen.

I'm making arrangements even now to try and replace some of those
positions.

But know that even as I find new players and new friends, the memory
and the laughs we've had with all the people above never quite goes
away.

I don't ever want it to.

Best,

Andy Ho