[USS Vanguard] Re: Old News, New Ideas

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:55:56 -0700 (PDT)

You make many excellent, valid, and thought provoking points, as you
usually do.

These are all things we can talk about as we move forward. For now,
I'll say that I agree with you that I don't want to join a
pre-established fleet. I don't see the point, either, and we'll be
lost, hemmed in by their rules.

While I hate to see the Vanguard go, I hesitantly agree that perhaps a
fresh start, a clean slate, may be the way to go. And who knows? Maybe
these characters can reappear in some form or fashion in the future. :)
(Since there were so many--ahem--gaps in Vanguard history, maybe a
"Vanguard: Lost Years" part time sim we take out from time to time?)

One thing I'd like to do is collect all the posts I can find for the
Astoria/Vanguard, reformat them, and make them available online. This
way, we'll always have a record of our old adventures. And, yes, I
realize that's a big undertaking. I look forward to doing it, though.

I'm thinking of ideas already and ways we can finish the current
storyline on Vanguard--and provide a closure for them.

Finally, if nothing else, I'd like to say that I acknowledge and
recognize what an incredible group of people you all are. And I
apologize, deeply, for the neglect of the Vanguard over its lifetime.
When we were great, we were great, though, and you deserved better than
the times I fell down on the job. I will always, always regret that I
didn't guide her better. You all put in quite an investment of time and
energy and showed me incredible kindness. And I appreciate it more than
I can say. :)

Looking forward to the future!

Yours sincerely,

Andy Ho