[USS Vanguard] Old News, New Ideas

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:32:32 -0700 (PDT)

All:

Funny this should come up...I was just looking over old posts and
reliving some of the best moments we had with the Vanguard. And there
were many.

First of all, I'd like to thank Angus for opening the dialog again.

Secondly, I'd like to apologize for the fits and starts of the Vanguard
over the last two years. To give you an idea of what's going on at
home, I'm working more than ever. The hospital where I now work
underwent a merger, and we're a staff of ten supporting 1,500 computers
and users.

Worse, my partner, Jennifer, has been seriously ill for about three
years. Obviously, this saps my time and energy.

These two things together have been a drain.

Nevertheless, I never lost the simming bug and love how collaborative
fiction gets our creative juices pumping.

I have a suggestion. Whether we leave the Vanguard or not--and there's
a part of me that hopes that we don't, that it exists in some fashion
or other under this new paradigm Angus has proposed--I'd like to write
a bit more and finish the current storyline. As a fresh start, perhaps,
hopefully...or as closure, a fitting end to one hell of a ride.

I know the Web page is no longer accessible, but I have the pages. I
had started a behind-the-scenes blog that I will write for (and will
post the URL for when it's updated). And I still have the last thread
in mind.

We have resources available to us, from blogs to message boards to Web
space to players who (I assume) are still interested--some of the most
interesting, fascinating, caring, creative and stellar group of people
I have ever met and in most cases, flattered to call my friends.

Hard to believe that it's been almost ten years, and we never lost
touch, for the most part. On the 'Net, that's a lifetime.

Until we get something else going--if we get something else
going--who's up for one (last?) more ride with the Vanguard? I'll pick
it up, if you are.

Here are my ideas:

1. Get in touch with all current subscribers on the Vanguard list.

2. Re-establish a Web presence.

3. Formulate a plan to recruit.

4. Determine a structure and other trappings of a new sim.

5. Establish the mailing list host (or other method of communication).

I think this can be an exciting start for all of us. And I appreciate
Angus' energy and inspiration and motivation to get us all going again.
Hell, in a way, it's just like a Starfleet reunion. ;)

I hope you're all well and wish I'll hear from you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Andy Ho
"Santos"

that gives answers, not web links.