[USS Vanguard] Re: OOC: What's In a Name?

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 06:24:44 -0800 (PST)

Chris,

Thanks for addressing that, and in such an effective, polite manner.

I'd been meaning to do that, but it had gotten to that point like being
at work and not knowing the name of a co-worker (and vice-versa), so
you refer to each other as "Hey, Sport!" or "Hey, Champ!" or "How ya
doin', Chief?"

Until, of course, you get to the company summer picnic or Christmas
party, and are forced to introduce each other to the wife/girlfriend,
and you're both standing there awkwardly because you don't know what
this person is called other than "Big Guy."

Best,

Andy

P.S. Hey, Commander...Big-Man, ;) I'm thinking of rolling the mission
today or tomorrow. What do ya think?

--- Soman Drath <karma_tsunami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey all,
> Just want to clear up any confusion about Soman's name.
> Being Bajoran, Soman is the surname and Drath is the given name.
> Soman's known everyone long enough for him to be referred to by his
> given name on a personal basis.  However, as far as rank, He'd be Lt.
> Soman.  I've noticed a few instances, though where he was referred to
> as Lt. Drath.  Just wanted to clear that up.
>
> Happy Posting.
>
> Christopher J.
> aka
> Lt. Soman Drath
>

> Make a difference, help support the relief efforts in the U.S.
> http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com
USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com