[USS Vanguard] (OOC) REQUIRED. Please read: The future of the Vanguard

  • From: "andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:06:49 -0500

Future of the Vanguard

With a heavy heart and not a little hesitation, I write this email today in
order to gather feedback from you, our valued players on the USS Vanguard.

If you've been playing for any length of time on the Vanguard, it's not hard to
see that activity on the Vanguard is not what it once was. I like to think that
we like what the Vanguard is/was, and the camaraderie that it once stood for,
but in the last year, I've started to have my doubts.

It's a little late to place blame, but if there's blame to be placed, the fair
share has to go to me for my lack of time and my lack of activity with Vanguard.

At the same time, I've started to wonder if we're not just experiencing a lull,
if the current mission is lacking in something. If so, I will take the
necessary steps to wrench the Vanguard back from the current mission and point
the game in another direction.

But it's up to you, our players, to decide.

I know that you all have commitments, as well. I know that you're all busy.
However, I have always enjoyed the "company" of each and every one of you, and
I'm reluctant to shutter the Vanguard, but shuttering the Vanguard may be what
it comes down to. As much as I hate to close the game once and for all, I can't
stand seeing the game die a slow death. Better, I think, to write a few final
posts, bid the characters we've come to know and love so well goodbye, and part
on good terms.

But I leave it up to you.

What I am looking for in the next seven to ten days is an affirmation by at
least four players. I feel that four (plus one, myself) is the minimum number
necessary to keep the game afloat and working with any sort of harmony.

If we have five players, I can promise you that I will do everything in my
power, to the best of my ability, to make the Vanguard continue to be fun,
interesting and rewarding for your time.

Either reply to me privately or send your emails publicly to express your
interest in the Vanguard. I would prefer comments, questions, or even
criticisms to come to me privately so that they can be addressed in a private
manner between any players and myself.

If I don't hear from four other players by around Sept 10, we'll be looking to
say goodbye to Vanguard by the end of the month.

I'm throwing the doors open to you. I hope someone will walk through.
Please continue to send all email to andywoho@xxxxxxxxxx

This is an email account I use from my workplace.