[USS Vanguard] Re: OFF: Resignation

  • From: "Alexa Bauer" <alexstrpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cmdrcage@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:48:10 -0600

I am a great proponent of constructive criticism. Identifying an obstacle
and then offering potential trajectories to overcome said obstacle have
helped the Astoria/Vanguard maintain the stability she has had all these

No offense to what others have put forth, constructive criticism is
subjective. I would assume that no one expected those of us who have
invested time in the Vanguard and have meticulously developed relationships
to stand by idle and let our hard work get trashed as though all of the
circumstances surrounding Mack's situation is our fault.

You'll notice in my email (while callous) I alluded to the concept of
simming being a two way street. In the aforementioned criticism by Mack the
onus was solely placed on the (implied) coldness of the crew not opening to
new members. This had me consider what outreach has Mack done with my
character (aside from the recent Mexico post).

>From: Shera khan <cmdrcage@xxxxxxxx>
>To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [USS Vanguard] Re: OFF: Resignation
>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:14:22 -0500 (EST)
>Ok you know what..normally I wouldnt do this but  You all need to GROW THE
>HELL UP!! Relax..Its a GAME and even though I dont agree with how Mack did
>his resignation I am NOT going to stand by and watch him get chewed out. He
>is my friend and I thought this crew in particular was way more mature than
>this.  As much as I see where you all are coming from. You all need to grow
>up and relax. Andy said constructive criticism not stab the man in the
>Alexa Bauer <alexstrpg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'm going to anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm
>coming down with a cold so take this in stride...I've been doing this
>simming for way too long and have seen a few posts similar to the one
>I'm also not a person to hold hands - as some of you have probably seen
>under my command.
>Simming is a two way street. It is very easy to point to the outside rather
>than internally. Frankly I couldn't tell you anything about Roch Chase
>to me points to an uneventful character. I'm sorry I missed your earth
>shattering personal character developments because in your description they
>must have been written as though they were works of art. I guess art is
>Sorry to be so callous, but because of the email you deserve it.
>As for changes in the Vanguard...no not really. I don't want any. I am
>withdrawing from sims and like playing in games where there is a very laid
>back posting...I think most of us stick around for comraderie anyway :)
>With that said...some ideas:
>--Website - I think that everyone should rewrite their bios on the website
>adding in information related to character development...how has your
>character changed since joining the ship.
>--Our XO - I still don't think I understand - where is our XO and who is
>--Take some liberties - I think that one thing this ship doesn't do that
>others do successfully is use other characters so that there is a true
>interaction - not just a first person point of view in a couple paragraphs
>than tags. I works better in joint posts or if you just take some liberties
>and use another person's character. You all know Xristha...we've all worked
>hard to shape each other's characters...use them! That being said...Andy
>does a great job in this area in his posts.
>I'm excited for Xristha to being a relationship with the clearly psychotic
> >From: Shadow Morpher
> >To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [USS Vanguard] OFF: Resignation
> >Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:39:20 -0500 (EST)
> >
> >I hate to do this but I am handing in my resignation. This simm doesnt
> >to welcome outsiders at all.. I dont know how Kadi stayed around this
> >without freaking out at someone. I have watched her try over and over..
> [...]

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed