[USS Vanguard] More surprises up our I mean the Borg's sleeve

  • From: "Alexa Bauer" <bykovbauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 19:45:29 -0600

OOC:

Been kinda lax in my posting. Let's see what kinda trouble I can get into.

IC:

Xristha Droin took a seat at the science station and familiarized herself
with the controls. It had been quite some time since sitting in front of a
computer console other than her medical computers. Her memory was hazy, but
she slowly began to get the hang of it.

After her brain wreck in sickbay she was lucky she could function. After
deliberating for 10 minutes she decided to plant malignant carcinogenic
cells and infected her friend Zena with the human immunodeficiency
virus...or at least a non-human form. She also injected her with a inhibitor
of the acquired imune deficiency syndrome, the final stage of the HIV
disease, and a resistor to the symptoms of the HIV. Droin surmised that
neither disease would have enough mitosiatic time to take over her body and
with treatment Zena would recover. Droin hypothesized that the pathogens
would attack any cell or blastule in Zena's body, i.e., borg nanites. This
would possibly buy Zena some time.

{well Andy that is the best I could do on short notice...and btw - next time
I am put on the spot I will give Santos elephantitus - of the left foot ;).}

As the Vanguard prepared to fire upon the lead Borg vessel a blue light
engulfed them. "Report." Santos snapped.

Droin ran her fingers across the console, "We are being scanned." She
continued to hypothesize, "The computer does not recognize the signature."

A volley of torpedoes hit the first Borg pyramid as the other two moved away
and after the other ships.

Droin piped up, "One of the pyramids is cloaking." The pyramid shimmered in
subspace as it moved towards the Hurricane.

"How far is the Hurricane?" Santos asked.

She'ra replied, "Far enough for their sensors to not know a Borg pyramid is
after them under cloak."

Santos knew the communications were down and the ship was vulnerable heading
for a safe haven. He may have signed their deaths.

"Set course to intercept the cloaked Borg cube."

His orders were followed.

"Engage."

The annoying broken chirp sounded from the computer console in front of the
new helm.

"Engage."

"The ship is not responding." Jaav spoke.

Xristha sensed the anxiety in the crew and understood their powerful
emotions towards the Hurricane crew. She ran a scan, "Our warp core is
flooded with verteron particles." She thought, "It was the beam. Krist--the
Borg knew we would sacrifice ourselves for the Hurricane and she---they
rendered us adrift."

Santos breathed in heavily. "Prepare to neutralize the particles."

Xristha looked down at the science station and thought to herself, "Now
where is that neutralize particles button?"

OOC:

Anyone want to take over...sorry to throw one at you escapees, but you
didn't think I would let you get away while I have to sit at a damn Science
station, did you?

Xristha Droin
CMO
Vanguard