[USS Vanguard] I know we're in the thick of things...

  • From: Alex Bauer <alexstrpg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:01:34 -0700 (PDT)

OOC: But I've been sitting on this...

LT jg Ceelak Nostrova stood in front of the doctor looking a little
uncomfortable. The doctor saw a female Alorian with light blue skin, deep dark
green eyes and greenish hair.

 "Doctor," Ceelak said, "I'm the new exchange officer. I was informed all new
crew need to have a physical, so I'm reporting for that if you or a member of
your staff have the time."

 Ceelak hoped they didn't.

 Xristha set down the PADD she was reading and smiled. ?Lieutenant, it?s rare
when one of you seek me out.? It?s not like the new commanding officer had made
a trip. She motioned to a biobed. ?I?ve got a little time.?

 One of the things Ceelak wanted to do was find out about the many different
races on the ship and what they thought. She didn't hesitate to chatter away.

 "Everything is so new here to me and so strange, Doctor," she continued. "I
haven't had much contact with other members of the crew. Can you recommend a
way to get better acquainted?"

 Xristha picked up a tricorder and gently opened it. ?I think the best way is
the lounge?the bar. Whatever they call it.? She snickered. ?Event Horizon. It?s
where most of the crew hang out in the off hours.? She shrugged. ?You could
always date someone to. I could hook you up with a nice eligible bachelor.? As
the chief medical officer read the tricorder she smiled. ?Or bachelorette.? The
mysterious Alorian had a genetic ability to alter sex. It wasn?t rare in living
things, but uncommon in sentient life forms.

 "What are your people?" Ceelak asked.

 Xristha laughed. ?My parents were an agglomeration of species. I?m a bit of
everything. I am mostly Betazoid with a pinch of Bandi and Romulan.? She
finished running some genetic scanning.

 "Have you been in service long?" the Alorian inquired.

 Xristha smiled. ?In some cultures that would be like asking a woman her age. A
taboo subject.? She continued, ?I?ve been in service long enough to get my way
when I really ask.? She winked.

 "I must admit I'm still having problems finding my way around the ship,"
Ceelak said. "Are they always so large?"

 Xristha shook her head, ?No, there are small ships too. We have an interesting
configuration. I don?t think you?ll find another like us. Ceelak, I just had an
idea.? Xristha?s mind was plotting. ?Perhaps we could have a little get
together to introduce you to the crew. Would you like that??

Tag: Ceelak

Captain Natalia Bykov-Trevelyan PhD MD
USS Kaleh [Dagger] - Valdore Class