[USS Vanguard] Re: Hobsons Choice

  • From: "Kieran Darkwater" <kdarkwater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 06:45:38 +0000

<Shuttle 'Hurricane' - Around the time the sh*t hits the fan>

Kieran's eyes flicked up from the display for a brief moment, as Qbed
appeared, and then back to his work as Sam listed their options - he used
the word options, of course, in the broadest sense. Neither was a
particularly pleasant choice.

"Well, we've absolutely no chance of hiding humanoid lifesigns such as ours
on the ocean world - we'd be the only returns on a scan for advanced life.
That is unless you can find a deep, deep ocean trench, preferably with some
dense, reactive rock formations in the area, but I don't think we've time
for that.

Prime Directive only comes into play if we make contact with the locals. I
say find a deep, dark cave, preferable one we can get the Hurricane into,
and hide away. Shut the systems down, and hope someone comes to collect us."

Lt (jg) Kieran Darkwater
Science Officer (A&A)