[USS Vanguard] High Jinks

  • From: Alexander Keenan <alexander.keenan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:05:11 +0100 (BST)

Lt Sam McCaw
USS Vanguard - Shuttle Bay
After "There's a wolf on board!"

Aliyah sauntered off to find the Captain, leaving Sam standing there looking
stunned. After a few moments he decided against folling her - it would be far
more fun to go to the shuttlebay. So after dodging the security guards on duty
(both riotously drunk) Sam found himself at the helm of the Cob del Ray.

On the bridge a young ensign idly looked up from packing a newly replicated
pipe with tobbacco and grunted. "HA! Someone's taken a shuttle out without
authorisation, they're really tanking along as well, estimate they'll reach
that asteroid field in... ah who cares?" He lit the pipe, lay back and stuck is
feet up on the terminal.

Meanwhile, on the coba del ray, Sam finished his beer and belched loadlly. "Ok,
computer, what systems have we got juice left in them? We're still not going
fast enough!" The computer gave what Sam could have sworn was a reproachful
chirp before replying "Power from all non-critical systems has been diverted to
the engines."
Sam looked pensive. "Ok, lets play spin the bottle then." Little flecks of
light beer splashed the viewscreen and Sam grinned as the bottle came to a
halt. "Alrighty, deflectors it is!"

Onboard the Vanguard, the young ensign had put Sam up on the viewscreen so the
others could watch as he weaved between the asteroids at high speed. Suddenly,
Sam's luck ran out, and a football sized asteroid clipped the aft section of
the shuttle, it span wildly towards another much larger asteroid.

Inside, Sam was laughing.

At the very last moment, Craig Kavan arrived on the bridge, ready to cease
control, he appraised the situation quickly he kicked the giggling young ensign
off his chair and hastily locked a tractor beam onto the shuttle. "I need that
shuttle!" he raved. "I need it for my ship! And that silly sod McCaw is being
transported to the brig. No one steals from MY ship!"

Unaware of the coup going on above him, Sam materialised in an unguarded and
empty brig. Onroute, the transporters bio filters quietly removed the virus
from Sam's blood - things had after all moved on a lot since Kirk's time.

Five minutes of panic later, Sam had a plan. Unfortunately, he only managed to
transport one senior officer to him before Kavan took control of the ships
crucial systems and the chaos on board intensified!

ooc: Ok, who wants to play the detox-the-ship game with me?