[USS Vanguard] Happy Holidays!

  • From: "Andy W. Ho" <andywoho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS-Vanguard <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:51:23 -0800 (PST)

To those of you who celebrate--happy holidays. Another year, another
year older, hopefully a little wiser, and let's hope still healthy and
happy, one and all.

Here's to wishing that you have had the chance to take a breath and
reflect on the good fortunes that we have all been bestowed: If you're
wealthy enough to afford a computer with Internet access (or to get
somewhere where you can get Internet access), you're better off than
approximately 95% of the world's population (or so I've read). Just
something to think about.

I hope you've had the chance to see family and friends; I hope that the
powers-that-be that we all answer to, whether they be employers,
schools, etc., have taken the time to acknowledge you and let you know
that you're appreciated.

I just wanted to let you all know that I appreciate the dedication that
each of you has shown to the Vanguard and the time that you've all
dedicated to make this sim possible. It doesn't go unnoticed. We've had
some good times, we've had some bad times, but no more bad than most,
and maybe even a little more good.

This joint mission is wrapping up once and for all--hopefully really
REALLY soon--and we'll be able to get back to where we were. If nothing
else, I think we've seen an example of how not to do some things, and
of what works (and what doesn't). I look forward to getting back into
the swing of things, and I hope you are, too.

Oh, and by the way, I'll be in London, England, between Jan 14 - 19. I
hope it doesn't disrupt whatever mission we have going on at the time
(and I'll take steps to make sure it doesn't). Don't know how many of
you will be in London around that time, and it's a shame I won't be
staying long enough to get around to the other parts of England where
many of you are. (We're on a pretty tight schedule, and doing the
touristy thing and all that.)

Again, happy holidays and THANK YOU for participating on the Vanguard!

Best wishes,

Andy Ho