[USS Vanguard] Freezin'

  • From: Kieran Darkwater <kierandarkwater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:28:43 +0100 (BST)

<Mess Hall>
Kieran sat with the PADD on his lap, staring out the viewport with a deep
frown, trying to compose his report for the fifth time that morning. Sighing
deeply, he dropped the device back to his thighs and arched back against the
rounded window-frame, nestling against the glass a little more, almost as
though he were trying to force himself out into the void beyond.
For a while, as a diversion, he watched the lively chat going on at the table
near the door, where the away-team were recounting their adventures and
achievements before finally dispersing.
"You don't seem to be doing much for my reputation as a hostess." a calm, quiet
voice suddenly noted, from behind him, and he almost fell from his perch on the
window-ledge in surprise.
"Miss Barrett-Brown, I'm sorry. I didn't hear you arrive."
"Kieran... it's Des. Just Des." He didn't respond to that at all, as he lifted
his PADD from the floor, spying the single, half-written line there. As he
stood, he felt two strong, cool, firm fingers press against the lines on his
"If you keep that up, you will start to look like your grandfather." she
observed. "You take things too seriously."
"Perhaps," he conceded, waving the PADD gently, "but the report needs to be
written. I am sorry that I have distracted from the tone here, I shall go
elsewhere." Turning swiftly, he was half-way across the room before he was
forced to ignore the muttered comment that followed him.
"That wasn't the point at all...."
Hehe :) Kieran's around and about.... anyone feels like speaking with him, just
drop a line
Lieutenant-Commander Kieran Darkwater
Archaeology and Anthropology Officer