[USS Vanguard] Eyes wide

  • From: "Soman Drath" <karma_tsunami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:08:14 -0500

From Christopher Jackson

Lt. Soman Drath, XO
Bridge U.S.S. Vanguard
Following Shea's post

Santos: Modulate shield nutation.  Jaav, Evasive pattern: Santos 3

Soman's concentration moved back and forth from the view-screen to his board.
He'd set Vanguard's shields to random frequencies while at the same time
monitoring the Borg's own tractor beam frequency.  It would give Vanguard some
time against them, he hoped.  Something about this situation wasn't right.

Soman: Bridge to Engineering.  We need more power.  The Borg are all over us. .

As engineering rang out it's response, the pieces fell in place for Soman.

Soman: Attack pattern Delta 6.  Captain. this was Stark's specialty on the

Santos: I can see that, Commander.  Is there any way to counter it?

Soman: Yes sir.  Do as little as possible.

This earned Soman more than a few perplexed glances from around the bridge,
including one from the Captain.

Soman: She's testing us.  Trying to see what we're capable of.

Jaav: Pardon me, sir but she was our XO.  Wouldn't she know what we're capable
of already.

Soman: Whatever that thing is out there, it's not Stark.  Just some Borg
perversion, created from when we. . .

Soman's voice trailed off.  Even after all this time, the sight of them brought
back those horrid memories.

Soman: . . .when we were assimilated.  They'd have no knowledge of Vanguard or
what she can do.

Droin: If she's testing us Soman, she's doing a hell of a job.

Soman: Stark also pulled out Delta 6 when she needed a diversion.

Santos and Soman locked eyes for a split second.

Santos: Status on the shuttles!

OOC I'm back.  Sorry for the long away mission but RL has had me tied up.
Mid-terms and other projects got me.  I've read all the posts and am very
excited.  Soman Reporting!

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.