[USS Vanguard] Entrance with a Bang

  • From: Alec Keenan <sam_mccaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:11:13 -0800 (PST)

Lt.Sam McCaw
Onboard the Hurricane
After "Queen of the Dammned"

     Sam carefully scanned the surface of the planet
for the best place to conceal the shuttlecraft, in the
northern hemisphere there was a highland area with hig
background radiation and granite caves and underground
rivers that were accessibel and would provide ideal
cover, it was also fortunately still dark on that side
of the planet. The Hurricane approached the planet at
hig speed but as they were begginning their descent,
Sam's instrumetn panel lit up. "I've lost my reading
on the pursuit ship, there's a lot of intererance." As
Sam tried to clear up the signal the Hurricane
descended to the planets surface.

     Kieran followed a steep valley with a fast
flowing river at the bottom to a large waterfall,
carefully edging through the tumbling water he
delicately positioned the Hurricane in the wide cave
mouth behind the waterfall. The cave narrowed quickly
to a few meters accross and even in the cave mouth the
shuttle was a tight fit, but lots of ambient
radioactivity and very high ore contents in the
surrounding rocks made it ideal. Sam stood up quietly
from his console while Kieran powered the shuttle
down. "I've totally lost the reading, I'm going for a
quick check outside." The shuttle door opened and Sam
stepped out to the sound of trickling water, he found
that a rocky ledge led out from behind the waterfall
so he walked along it until he could see the night
sky.
Looking up he suddenly had to shield his eyes, a
bright flare was streaking accross the sky to the
south. Qbed stood behind him and quietly said "That's
too big for a meteor" Sam nodded, it looked like the
Vanguards second Quantom torpedo had traveled true,
the Borg pyramid was crash landing!

http://movies.yahoo.com/
USS Vanguard: http://vanguard.iwarp.com
_Free_Lists: //www.freelists.org