[USS Vanguard] Drastic times

  • From: Alec Keenan <sam_mccaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 14:02:43 -0700 (PDT)

Lt.Sam McCaw
Centaurus IV
After Borg Planetfall

> ?OK, Lieutenant. What do we do? Orders were to keep
> Mrs Barret-Brown and
> Qbed safe? Prime Directive says we have to do
> something about that Borg
> pyramid. Whilst the battle continues the borg cube
> is still out of
> communications range, with the background radiation
> here and the thick Van
> Allen belts this planet has. Once they get close,
> though, they?ll come to
> retrieve any drones that are still functioning? and
> that means they?ll
> assimilate the planet whilst they?re here. We
> brought them here, it?s up to
> us to put a stop to it.?

<end snip>

      Sam took a deep breath and exhaled slowly then
turned on the assembled crew members, his mind was
made up. "First of all we don't know how many borg
survived the crash but we do know that we can't fight
them on our own. We're cut off from reinforcements and
can't contact the Vanguard. The only way I can see to
avert a mass borg landing is to annihilate all borg
survivors. That way the main pyramid will have no
reason to bother coming to this planet." Qbed gingerly
raised a hand., "Um, that's all fine and dandy but how
are you planning to do all this annihilating you seem
to have planned?" Sam smiled grimly. "We recruit the
natives." There was a moments pause, but Sam didn't
give anyone chance to jump in "If we let te borg
assimilate this planet we've broken the Prime
Directive, if we try and drive them off we're still
breaking the Prime Directive but at least we're doing
something. Personally I think we've run far enough for
one day. It's time to make a stand." One by one the
others nodded their assent.

     Kieran ran back to the shuttle and came back with
phaser rifles and combat knives, they pulled on soem
supplies and Qbed replicated some trinkets to appease
the natives. In five minutes they were ready. Kieran
spoke to in a quiet voice "The borg landed about 10
kilometers away, the nearest settlement is 1.5k away,
we'll only beat them there by about 10 minutes." Sam
looked grim, "We'd better get going then."

ooc: I know your thinking of a wrap up soonish but if
someone wanted to stick in some tribal negaotiations
I'll post on Tuesday + Wednesday to wrap up. I'll
leave it to ur discretion.

Alec :)