[USS Vanguard] Defeated?

  • From: "Cynan" <kuhnahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "USS Vanguard" <ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:40:39 +0100

Lt. Cmd. Cynan Mandrake.
Location: Galinia-4.
Time: After " After 'after the windmill'" (Steve).

Subject: Defeated?

"You know, I never thought I'd say this but.. but it might be better for
these people if we surrendered."

"Surrendered? You're right, you wouldn't say it."

"Kieran. This is madness. One ship in orbit with a handful of us on the
surface, with no phasers or any sign of back up on its way. This is a fight
we can not win". He looked back over his shoulder at the soldiers advancing.
"And to try, is to die. At least in custody they might be better treated and
can be rescued later". He looked back to gauge Kieran's reaction.

Before Kieran could speak, there was an explosion on the ridge where the
soldiers were. The blast flung them into the air and scattered them around
the landscape.

"You two, come on! We haven't much time!", a friendly voice called from
afar. It was Roch.

"Dang it. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut", Cynan said as he held
out an arm to Kieran.

Grabbing Cynan's arm, Kieran pulled himself up, limping slightly on his leg
as he got his balance.

"The mighty Cynan, surrendering, wait till I tell the others."

"I'll only deny it! Come on, let's get these people out of here."

They both laughed and smiled with each other, both glad that an end was near
and hobbled off to meet Roch.