[USS Vanguard] Cynan Mandrake Physical

  • From: Alex Bauer <alexstrpg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:05:38 -0700 (PDT)

OOC:
Andy...can you post the addendum at the ends of these on the web site.
Hopefully in six month's or year's time there will be another entry.

Setting: Sickbay

Authors: Cynan Mandrake & Xristha Droin

?Quite a troublemaker in his youth.? Xristha smiled as she continued reading
more about Mandrake. One of the things she always enjoyed about crew physicals
was the time she had to catch up on crew records. She turned off the screen as
the flight control officer entered her office.

?Hey there. You?re just in time.? She stood up and led him to the private
examination room. ?Truthfully, I wasn?t going to start without you.?

She picked up her first instrument and began to take readings. ?Anything in
particular I should know about?? She asked while reading the output.

Mandrake snorted and cricked his neck. "Not really".

 "Oh?" Xristha replied.

 "I'm fine. Really".

 "It doesn't look like it!" she exclaimed as she examined his left wrist. "My
instruments show that you've recently broke your wrist in three places".

 "It was just a scratch.?

 Droin looked into Mandrakes eyes. "What happened? Did She'Ra heal these for
you? You both should have told me".

 "It was nothing. Really. Just an accident I had in the holo?" he paused,
following the conversation through to conclusion in his mind he that he was
about to let slip that his recreational time in the holodeck was less then
safe.

 "In the holo?" Xristha prompted.

 "In.. with, the holophote. I was putting up a light for She'Ra when I fell
down and landed on my wrist at a bad angle.". He went on, now more confident
with his cover story. "She'Ra was there and dealt with the situation. There was
really nothing to come to you about. Are we done!?"

 Xristha smiled. ?Torture?s over. Next time come to me. They pay me for these
things?Speaking of payment,? She handed a PADD to Mandrake. ?All that?s left is
for you to authorize so I can send you my bill.?

She took the PADD back and set it down. ?I also have to give my advertisement
pitch. Please don?t stop me, I memorized it?and I?ve done it quite a few times
at this point.? She breathed in, ?Mental health is just as important as
physical health. On board this ship we offer a wide array of mental health
services, including ways to relax and take your mind off your stressful work in
addition to our own on site counseling staff. If you have the opportunity to
talk with our counseling staff I would highly recommend it. I wouldn?t want to
see you down here talking to yourself.? She smiled and walked out.

Xristha walked into her office and sat at her desk. ?Computer, begin medical
addendum to Lt. Cmdr. Cynan Mandrake?s crew record.? The familiar chime of the
computer designated its readiness. ?Lt. Cmdr. Cynan Mandrake is in top physical
health. While hesitant to seek medical intervention, it is the Chief Medical
Officer?s opinion that this is not life endangering.? She paused and thought to
herself ~in the event it does become life endangering, the log will be
changed,~ ?End addendum. Send copy to Captain Santos and request follow up by
Counselor Jaav E?thexx.?

Captain Natalia Bykov-Trevelyan PhD MD
USS Kaleh [Dagger] - Valdore Class
http://www.geocities.com/usskaleh