[USS Vanguard] Bravo Team

  • From: "Soman Drath" <karma_tsunami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:44:47 -0400

From Christopher Jackson

Soman Drath, XO
Vanguard Transporter room

Soman looked over as his team and the others prepared for their trip to the
Tomonaga. Vogel completed final calibrations on the last suit.  Absentmindedly,
Vogel handed the last suit to Qbed.  She looked from him, to the suit, and then
back to him, and smiled at the young security chief.

Qbed: You're sweet

Giving him a peck on the cheek, she walked over to Soman, who tried to hide his
amusement.  He was looking forward to working with her.

Qbed: I know how you people just love mysteries, and I'm have to admit a
certain amount of curiosity myself, but can we hurry this along?  Honestly, you
preach about how "risk is your business", yet you take every precaution you can
think of against it.  Why even go in the first place?

Mandrake: Being prepared doesn't take away from the experience.  We just want
to make sure that the risk doesn't out weight the potential gain.

Soman had to admire the pragmatist that was Cynan Mandrake and was glad he was
on the team.  He knew that Cynan would help to keep the team focused.

Qbed: Well, we could still move a little faster.

Jaav: It's the anticipation that many find to be appealing, Qbed.

Soman marveled at how Jaav answered Qbed's question. He'd have to pay the
counselor a visit some time to answer a few questions of his own.  A snap rang
out in the transporter room and in a flash, everyone was sealed up in their
hazard suits, weapons and tricorders equipped and ready.  Soman couldn't help
but smile at the young Q's enthusiasm for the unknown.

Chase: Thank you.

Qbed: Don't mention it.

A large and imposing figure, if you did not know him, Roch Chase rounded out
Soman's team.  The young officer stood stoic, awaiting his turn in the
transporter.  Soman hoped Chase could back up that stone gaze.

Vogel: Alright, everyone.  I've modified all the hazard suits to generate a
tight, Gemini phase force field, based on Commander Stark's technology.  It can
be activated from the armband, directly or remotely.   If you encounter
temporal distortion, this shield will counteract any effects.

As Vogel continued to brief the crew on the suit modifications, he made his way
over to Xristha who was doing a final inventory of her medical kit; her phaser
laying off to the side; neglected.

Soman: Did everyone get their shot?

Xristha: Yes, yes. Everyone got their shot, so don't come crying to me if
things start getting wierd.  I'm just the doctor.  Jaav's the fear expert.

Soman was slightly taken aback by Xristha's outburst.

Soman: Are you alright?

Xristha: I'm fine.  Sorry about that.  I'm a little more on edge than normal.
Not too sure why.

Soman: You with a phaser, I'll bet.

She grinned and playfully poked Soman in the ribs.
Just then, the Captain motioned Soman and Zena over to him.

Kirk: Spock, where the hell is that power you promised me?
Spock: One damn minute Admiral.