[USS Vanguard] An Opening.

  • From: "Soman Drath" <karma_tsunami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:38:47 -0500

From Christopher Jackson

Soman Drath, XO
U.S.S. Vanguard
following signs and portents

Vanguard rocked violently once again as the Borg tractor beam glanced off of
it's shields.  Ethexx gritted his teeth as he threw her into another set of
personally crafted evasive maneuvers.

Jaav: I need more power to the impulse engines!

Lela: Main power is at 50% already.  I'll give you what I can.

Lela's fingers flew over her board, transferring what power she could to the
engines.  Vanguard rocked again, more violently then before.

Soman: Borg cutting beam!  Forward shields are. . .

Suddenly Soman's board explodes, blowing him a full meter back and onto the
deck.  Droin was immediately out of her seat and kneeling over him.

Santos: Mr. Ethexx!?

Jaav: They're taking their toll on us.  I'm running out of shields.

Xristha: Don't move Soman.  You've got plasma burns.

Soman: I'm alright, Xristha.  I need to get back to tactical.

Xristha: What you need is. . .

Lela: Captain, shields around the main Pyramid have just fallen. I've got an
incoming message from. . . it's Highwaij.  The message is garbled but it's
definitely coming from inside the Borg ship.

Santos: Put it on speaker.

Lela: I'll try to clear it up as much as I can.

Highwaij=/\=:  . . . . .main power node. . . .phaser overload. . . . rg have
caught Mandra. . . .diversion. Now we need one t. . .

The message faded into static.

Santos: Is there anything else, Ensign Chambers?  Ensign?

Lela: . .uhm, no sir.

Soman: Captain, while their shields are down, I recommend Quantum torpedoes.

Santos: I concur.  Target the section of the pyramid furthest from the teams
position.  Hopefully, the damage will draw off any trouble the team may be
having and buy them some more time.

Soman re-engaged his damaged board and in seconds, 5 glowing blue orbs were on
their way.

TBC.

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp