[USS Vanguard] After Playtime

  • From: "Soman Drath" <karma_tsunami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 15:10:13 -0500

From Christopher Jackson

Soman Drath, XO
U.S.S. Vanguard
Following Playtime

"Level 3," he thought.  The turbo-lift moved silently from deck to deck, and
every so often, Soman would let out a chuckle.  Looking himself over, he
couldn't help but chuckle.  Soman was more embarrassed than anything. The doors
to the turbo-lift parted and the one person he didn't want to run into
appeared.   Des' eyes widened for an instant at the sight before her.  She
stood and regarded the first officer with a growing smile; looking him from
head to toe. The scar on his right cheek, his workout cloths in tatters and his
leaning, unceremoniously on his Batleth to relieve the sharp pain hin his left

Des: Level 3 hmm?

Soman chuckled again.

Soman: Ever observant.  Can I give you a lift?

Des stepped onto the turbo-lift and took up position next to Soman, a smile on
her face.  Soman tried to avoid eye contact.

Des: You should have called me.

Soman: I shouldn't have tried it in the first place.  I should have check the
settings more carefully.

Soman suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder that startled him for an instant.

Des: You know, you don't' have to do that.

Soman: Do what?

Des: You put on a veneer of pragmatism for the rest of the crew but I can see;
deep inside, you're probably one of the bigger hot dogs on this ship.  Not
bigger than me of course but still. . .

The two laughed as the lift arrived at the sickbay deck.

Soman: Okay, next time, I'll call you.  I think I'll use my ceremonial knives
next time.  We'll find out who's the bigger hot dog then.

Des: Yeah, sure.

Soman: Oh, and for the record, it's more than just a veneer.

Des: Of course it is. You wouldn't be XO if it wasn't.

With a wink, the two parted company and Soman proceeded to sickbay.  Finding
one of Xristha's nurses, Soman got himself patched up.  With an hour before he
had to meet the captian, he was in a bit of a hurry.    Life goes on aboard the
Starship Vanguard.

OOC: Happy Holidays Everyone.

Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker
Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html