[ncsc-moths] Re: [tn-moths] Geometrid help

  • From: Hugh McGuinness <hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:15:51 -0500

I think the choice here is between Cabera erythemaria and Gueneria
similaria (as in similar to Cabera). I find these very difficult to
separate even in the hand, so I'm not sure there are any good characters
for photos. For years I thought I had Cabera here on Long Island, and now I
think that everything I have seen and taken is Gueneria. Let me know if
anyone knows a good way to separate these two.

Hugh

--
Hugh McGuinness
Sag Harbor, NY