[ncsc-moths] Watauga County moths--11 February 2012

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 10:18:22 -0500

While a blizzard blows outside, my daughter discovered a moth perched on
the wall of the pantry this morning.  Turns out to be 3748 Amorbia
humerosana.  I assume it's been lurking somewhere inside the house since
last fall but I guess it's possible it flew in recently since apparently at
least some of the adults overwinter.  Anyway, a most unexpected visitor on
one of the coldest days of the winter.

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm