[ncsc-moths] Re: Wake County moths

  • From: Hugh McGuinness <hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 21:10:30 -0400

Hi Brian,

I think your first is Amolita fessa and not obliqua (although I do not know
the latter species) b/c the more anterior line on the FW bends and runs
longitudinally along the wing. This mark seems to be absent in obliqua, but
as I said I am not really sure how to distinguish the two species and
whether or not fessa occurs in your neck of the woods.

The second appears to be Pococera sp.

The third is Nepytia sp. (not sure which species occur in your area)

The fourth is Dioryctria disclusa

And the fifth is Cosmia calami

Hugh