[ncsc-moths] Wake County Moths: 9/28-present

  • From: Kyle Kittelberger <kkturtledude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Moth List <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:10:35 -0800 (PST)

Hey everyone,

For some reason I became unsubscribed from the list serve over the weekend, I
believe a result of me resetting my interent settings to correct a problem.
Lori has now resubscribed me (thanks Lori!), and I am sending out an email I
tried to do on Saturday.

For the first time in probably a year and a half I am caught up in sorting
through my pictures (still haven't renamed them yet, have several thousand in
this situation...). I am not sure how many more moths I am going to see this
year, as the temperature has resulted in me seeing nothing new recently.
Therefore I thought I would send out a list of moths I have seen that takes up
from where I last left off and goes until present day. Finally Falls Lake
passed the 800 species level, and is at 802. I myself have seen 526 species
this year so far. Below is my list of new and interesting species I have seen
during this time, and you can view photos of these moths on the first page of
my flickr.

Enjoy!

Kyle
www.flickr.com/photos/hawk-eagle/

Moths: 9/28- present
0630 Sumac Leafblotch Miner- very late in the year for this species?
3116 Triangle-backed Eucosoma
5403 Vagabond Crambus
8131 Salt Marsh Moth- seen down by the coast
8314 Definite Tussock Moth
9957 Bicolored Sallow
10664 Subterranean Dart
10955 Pale-banded Dart
10956 Bolle's Dart Moth- probably my best find during this time; anyone else
seen it?
10998 Bent-lined Dart