[ncsc-moths] Re: Rube Goldberg alive and well

  • From: Bob Perkins <perkybear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:18:26 -0500

Merrill,

Good question. The moth sheet hangs between the posts that support the porch
roof. The garage wall is about six feet behind the light. I like being able to
stand behind the light to observe what's on the sheet. During the fall I
usually had moths all over the porch even though my 48" light has a solid back.

Bob
On Feb 1, 2012, at 3:11 PM, J. Merrill Lynch wrote:

> Bob,  looks like a Martian spaceship but I'm sure it will work fine.
> However, I don't understand why you need or want a reflector.  You want the
> light to go out in all directions to attract as many moths as possible.
>
> Merrill
Bob Perkins
Woodlawn, Virginia
Historian and General Outdoorsman