[ncsc-moths] Re: Puzzling Noctuid

  • From: TNT Sanders <tsanders1993@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:32:35 -0400

How about this one.  I have been debating between Abagrotis cupida and
Abagrotis alternata.
I am leaning toward A. Cupida due to the terminal area of the wing not being
very pale or sharp as in A. alternata.

Tom Sanders
Charlotte, NC

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:32:11 -0400
Subject: [ncsc-moths] Re: Puzzling Noctuid
From: hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx
To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think it's just Abagrotis alternata.

Hugh

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Bob Perkins <perkybear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After three rounds of searching the Noctuinae pages on the MPG website, I
haven't found a match that satisfies me for the moth in the attached photo. The
closest matches appear to be Hodges #11033, A. scopeops and Hodges #11045, A.
anchocelioides, with the latter being the closer one. Comments please.

Bob

Bob Perkins
Woodlawn, Virginia
Historian and General Outdoorsman