[ncsc-moths] Re: Porch light last night

  • From: Vincent Stanton <Vincent.Stanton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:49:42 -0400

I put the wrong name down for The dark wing, should have been, my guess, was Ultronia Underwing??

Corey, Ed wrote:
Vince,

Your "Dark-spotted Palthis" is a Catocala (notice the bright red underwings
with bands).  1011 looks like an emerald of some type, 1012 is something near a Renia,
and 1010 is a Pyralid that's close to Herpetogramma.  Sorry I don't have more time to
delve into these, but that may put you on the right track.

Ed Corey
Raleigh, NC

--------

Ed Corey
Inventory Biologist
NC Division of Parks and Recreation

Yorkshire Center
Office 305
12700 Bayleaf Church Road, Raleigh, NC 27614-9633
Office: 919-841-4037 Cell: 919-208-7864 Fax: 919-870-6843

Please note that my email address has changed to Ed.Corey@xxxxxxxxxxx  Please
change this in your contact lists.

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties