[ncsc-moths] Re: NH Moths

  • From: "Mathis" <weer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Moth List" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 16:31:54 -0400

Kyle,

Looking forward to your pics.

Cecelia in NC

From: Kyle Kittelberger
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:52 PM
To: Moth List
Subject: [ncsc-moths] NH Moths

Hey everyone,

I had a couple sheets set up last night here on campus at our science building
to see what individuals I might get. This morning I had the following species:

6840 Lemon Plagodis (Plagodis serinaria) - 1
7213 Small Phoenix Moth (Ecliptopera silaceata) – 1
7637 Mottled Gray Carpet (Cladara limitaria)- 1
7687 Lappet Moth (Phyllodesma americana) - 2
10518 Distinct Quaker (Achatia distincta) - 1
Eupithecia sp.- 1
Gretchena sp.- 1
I got some really great pics of some of these, especially the Lappet Moths.
What was neat about them (my favorite ones from this list) is that they played
dead when frightened. When I eventually upload the pics I'll send them out.

Cheers,
Kyle
Dartmouth